Table of Contents
Massage therapy is one treatment you cannot live without, as it reduces stress and improves your outlook overall.
By scheduling regular massage treatments, you will realize some health benefits that exercises, such as yoga or deep breathing, cannot provide.
To find a massage therapist, see what he or she provides first in massages. Therefore, identify your health goals. By picking the right therapist, you can put an end to sore muscles permanently.
Types of Massages
You can obtain massage services, as follows:
- Deep tissue massage
- Hot stone massage
- Prenatal massage
A Deep Tissue Massage
Each one of the above therapies provides certain benefits. For example, a deep tissue massage relaxes the muscles and provides the following –
- The reduction of muscle pain and discomfort
- Releases tension in the shoulders, hips, and neck
- Enhances muscle recovery for sports-related injuries
- Treats and reduces chronic back pain
- Reduces high blood pressure
- Lessens stress, muscle tension, and anxiety
- Breaks up scar tissue
- Eliminates the symptoms associated with arthritis
If you are an expecting mom, you can relieve prenatal discomfort and anticipate an easier delivery by scheduling regular prenatal massages. When seeking a massage therapist, review their specialties.
A Hot Stone Massage
A hot stone massage is a unique type of massage treatment and is well worth the $150 cost of the 60-minute therapy. During the therapy, you can expect the following:
- River-smoothed basalt stones are heated in sanitized warm water, and used and positioned on specific parts of the body. This optimizes the therapeutic effect of the massage treatment.
- A high iron content in the basalt stone retains the heat in the stone during the massage.
- This type of massage provides both psychological and physical benefits, as the heat from the stone enables you to relax and permits the massage therapist to manipulate deep tissues more proficiently.
- A rich vegan body cream or organic coconut oil is used during the massage treatment.
As you can see, getting a massage is something everyone needs in today’s stress-filled, busy society.
When choosing a massage therapist, make sure he or she offers both deep massage and hot stone massage therapies.
Scheduling a Body Scrub
Besides scheduling a massage treatment, you can also get rid of toxins and rejuvenate your skin at the same time by getting a body scrub.
When choosing a massage therapist, make sure they offer this service as well.
Organic body scrubs often use Himalayan or sea salts that are blended with extra virgin olive oil and a mesmerizing blend of citrus and floral scents – all derived from natural and essential oils.
Customize your body scrub’s aromatherapy by choosing from scents, such as:
- Orange and rose
- Eucalyptus and peppermint
- Lavender and sandalwood
Again, when selecting a massage therapist, make sure he or she provides all the above treatments and that they have the proper credentials.
By taking this approach, you can enjoy regular massages or scrubs and their many benefits.